Thursday, May 31, 2012

Homemade Salsa


6-8 garden tomatoes, peeled and diced (or 3 cans diced tomatoes)
1 can diced jalapenos (use more or less depending on how spicy you like it. This amount makes it pretty spicy… I wouldn’t use less than 1/2 can though. You definitely want the flavor it adds!)
3 Tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 large white onion, very finely diced

Combine all ingredients EXCEPT for the onion & jalapeno in a food processor. Pulse the food processor a few times until ALMOST pureed, don’t over-do it. You still want it to be a tiny chunky. Pour salsa into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the onion & jalapenos. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Recipe from Favorite Family Recipes.

1 comment:

  1. We don't peel the tomatoes, it still tastes great.

    I also used sliced jalapenos out of the jar because I already have those and then I just diced them before adding.

    ReplyDelete